from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In addition; also: He's coming along too.
- adv. More than enough; excessively: She worries too much.
- adv. To a regrettable degree: My error was all too apparent.
- adv. Very; extremely; immensely: He's only too willing to be of service.
- adv. Informal Indeed; so: You will too do it!
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Likewise
- adv. also; in addition.
- adv. To an excessive degree; over; more than enough.
- adv. To a high degree, very
- adv. used to contradict a negative assertion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Over; more than enough; -- noting excess.
- adv. Likewise; also; in addition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Over; more than enough: noting excess, and qualifying an adjective or an adverb.
- [Too in this sense is sometimes erroneously used to qualify a verb.
- Exceedingly; extremely: an intensive use.
- In addition; also; furthermore; moreover.
- Likewise; in like manner; in the same way.
- Hence—(b ) As an adjective or an adverb, very good; very well: used absolutely.
- As an adjective, superlative; extreme; utter; hence, enraptured; gushing: applied to the so-called esthetic school, their principles, etc., in allusion to their exaggerated affectation. See esthetieism, 2.
- An obsolete spelling of to.
- A dialectal spelling of two.
- See tew.
- n. An old spelling of toe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in addition
- adv. to a degree exceeding normal or proper limits
She stared at him, unable to think of a retort, the words reverberating in her head to the rhythm of her furiously pounding heart, _Billy's nice too Billy's nice too Billy's nice too_, the fear, now on the surface, taking control, no longer something she could contain.
I always thought it was to warm too this..too that.
I've had problems with this in my WIP, too - it just became _too_ large and equally impossible to read.
Just as any gardner knows only heartache will come of setting plants out too early for your climate, perhaps I need to know that I cannot enjoy an earthy perfume *too* far ahead of me actually being able to smell it outside.
Not * too* difficult to explain (although maybe too difficult for a 1-hour show), but also avoids all the hype and questions about the engineering reality of quantum computation.
A pledge card is on it's way too where Boris pledges too* Beef up police presence on our streets by cutting red tape and employing more officers
Candy store is fast moving..too fast for me ..but probably not too fast for kids lol
Or if you are *too* disabled, again as decided by able-bodied people, are you too disabled to have the rights that less disabled people have?
But yeah, I am keeping my fingers crossed too for the 17th *crosses toes too*
If they're not _too _deserty, there may be enough plant life to support some grazing -- although it's easy to overdo, as overgrazed lands from the ancient Levant to the twentieth-century western US show all too clearly.