from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A proponent or practitioner of activism: political activists.
- adj. Of, relating to, or engaged in activism.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being an activist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who is politically active in the role of a citizen; especially, one who campaigns for change
- n. one who is conspicuously active in carrying out any occupational or professional functions.
- adj. Behaving as an activist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one who is aggressively active on behalf of a cause.
- adj. advocating a cause or engaged in activism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. advocating or engaged in activism
- n. a militant reformer
active + -ist (Wiktionary)