Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to ancient Carthage, a city and state on the northern coast of Africa, near the modern Tunis, founded by the Phenicians of Tyre in the ninth century B.C. See Punic.
- n. An inhabitant or a native of Carthage.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of a pertaining to ancient Carthage, a city of northern Africa.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of ancient Carthage or its people or their language
- n. a native or inhabitant of ancient Carthage
“Puritans create images of hats that sound like hannibal and hannibal of carthaginian flats”
‘carthaginian’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for carthaginian.