from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of a pertaining to ancient Carthage, a city of northern Africa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to ancient Carthage, a city and state on the northern coast of Africa, near the modern Tunis, founded by the Phenicians of Tyre in the ninth century B.C. See Punic.
- n. An inhabitant or a native of Carthage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of ancient Carthage or its people or their language
- n. a native or inhabitant of ancient Carthage
Sorry, no etymologies found.