from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The supposed power to see objects or events that cannot be perceived by the senses.
- n. Acute intuitive insight or perceptiveness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The power to perceive objects that are not accessible to the senses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A power, attributed to some persons while in a mesmeric state, of discerning objects not perceptible by the senses in their normal condition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A power attributed to persons in a mesmeric state, by which they are supposed to discern objects concealed from sight, and to see what is happening at a distance.
- n. Hence Sagacity; penetration; quick intuitive knowledge of things.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses
From French clairvoyance. (Wiktionary)