from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Slang Of excellent quality or ability; fine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Exceptionally fine or excellent; top-notch; high quality.
- adj. Expert, top-rated or high-performing.
- adj. Referring to clothing items (pants, jersey, collar) that comprise the traditional blue uniform of the enlisted men of the US Navy, following the sailor uniform worn by Sailor Jack on boxes of Cracker Jack snacks.
- n. An exceptionally fine or excellent thing or person.
- n. An expert or top-rated individual (e.g., a marksman)
- n. The traditional blue uniforms of the enlisted men of the US Navy.
- n. A sailor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of marked ability or excellence.
- n. An individual of marked ability or excellence, esp. in some sport.
- n. A preparation of popped corn, candied and pressed into small cakes. The name Cracker Jack(TM) is now a trademark for a similar confection.
- n. something excellent of its kind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See crackajack.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone excellent of their kind
- n. something excellent of its kind
Some of these doctors are buying their degrees or getting them in crackerjack boxes, plus all the insourced doctors with degrees from high schools all over the world. seebofubar
When used as an adjective, the word "crackerjack" means
It's that kind of crackerjack political acumen that gets you a coveted editorial slot in the New York Times.
"Most of it's true, unless she's been saying I'm some kind of crackerjack forensic pathologist, " Claire said, grinning.
"Most of it's true, unless she's been saying I'm some kind of crackerjack forensic pathologist," Claire said, grinning.
Him he described as a 'crackerjack' and commended to my esteem.
Carlisle Utd fans urged to make all-ticket Leeds game a 'crackerjack'
4- He had the sense to call me on his cell phone, because lord knows the "crackerjack" staff at the hospital wasn't getting around to it anytime soon
"crackerjack" trainer, and for the sake of winning that contest they were willing to endure her caustic comments meekly.
In John's youth, he was a crackerjack rock climber and that sensibility to earth and stone has found expression in much of his work.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.