from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The final statement in a verbal argument.
- n. A conclusive or authoritative statement or treatment: The report was considered to be the last word on the hazards of smoking.
- n. Power or authority of ultimate decision: The treasurer has the last word in all financial matters.
- n. Informal The newest or most fashionable example of its kind; the latest thing: a food processor that is the last word in kitchen equipment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The finest, highest, or ultimate representative of some class of objects.
- n. Concluding remarks or comments
- n. the final statement uttered by a person before death.
- n. A final decision, or the right to make such a decision.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the final statement in a verbal argument
- n. an authoritative statement
- n. elegance by virtue of being fashionable
Sorry, no etymologies found.