from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A size that is larger than usual.
- n. An oversize article or object.
- adj. Larger in size than usual or necessary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Larger than normal
- adj. Excessively large
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To surpass in size.
- transitive v. To cover with viscid matter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To surpass in bulk or size.
- To cover with size or viscid matter.
- Of excessive size; specifically, noting material which is too large to pass through the meshes of a given screen or sieve. That which passes through the meshes receives one sort of treatment; the oversize, or oversized material, passes off from the screen on its upper surface to a subsequent process.
- n. Material that is oversize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. larger than normal for its kind
Sorry, no etymologies found.