from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. On or during the present or coming night.
- n. This night or the night of this day.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The nighttime of the current day or date; this night.
- adv. During the current day's nighttime.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. On this present or coming night.
- adv. On the last night past.
- n. The present or the coming night; the night after the present day.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the present night, or the night after the present day.
- During the preceding night; last night.
- n. The present night; the night after the present day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. during the night of the present day
- n. the present or immediately coming night
President Obama will deliver the second State of the Union speech of his term tonight at 9 p.m., a highly anticipated address that functions as the informal kickoff of the new congressional term.
Of course the fact that I worked all night last night and work again tonight is a mere technicality.
"Yep, I made a roast chicken again tonight" is not what I feel like writing, anyhow.
"The one reason we didn't win tonight is that we got drawn into the kind of game they wanted to play," Maple Leafs center Alyn
WOODRUFF: I don't think anybody has any doubt coming out of this speech what the president's intentions are when it comes to Iraq, when it comes to -- he didn't use the term tonight axis of evil, but he made it clear he's thought about the distinction between Iran, North Korea and Iraq.
I saw a remarkable book about three years ago -- I wish I could remember the title tonight -- but it was a portrait of children who had grown up in the most unimaginable, difficult circumstances, who had done wonderfully well in life.
The do- nothing Congress could be living up to the nickname tonight once again.
Long disagreed with Jericho, and said Swagger will defend the title tonight against Chris Jericho AND Edge, in a Triple-Threat Match.
The 18th-ranked Bulldogs (26-5) will face second-seeded Saint Mary's, a 69-55 winner over No. 3 Portland, for the title tonight at 6.
Cactus must either win the title tonight or he must retire.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.