from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. On or during the present or coming night.
- n. This night or the night of this day.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The nighttime of the current day or date; this night.
- adv. During the current day's nighttime.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. On this present or coming night.
- adv. On the last night past.
- n. The present or the coming night; the night after the present day.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the present night, or the night after the present day.
- During the preceding night; last night.
- n. The present night; the night after the present day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. during the night of the present day
- n. the present or immediately coming night
Middle English to night, from Old English tō niht, at night : tō, at, on; see to + niht, night; see night.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old English tōniht. (Wiktionary)