from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The decorative display of retail merchandise in store windows
- n. The goods and trimmings used in such display
- n. A means of creating a deceptively favourable impression of something or someone; something for appearance only.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a showy misrepresentation intended to conceal something unpleasant
- n. the decoration of shop windows
Sorry, no etymologies found.