- n. The decorative display of retail merchandise in store windows
- n. The goods and trimmings used in such display
- n. idiomatic, uncountable A means of creating a deceptively favourable impression of something or someone; something for appearance only.
- n. a showy misrepresentation intended to conceal something unpleasant
- n. the decoration of shop windows
“Fiscal reforms like budget cuts, sound-money policies, and the launch of the bank were “the proper work of a financial administrator,” he conceded, but were just the window dressing for Morris’s “larger goal of recasting the structure of the Union.””
These user-created lists contain the word ‘window dressing’.
Terms used for and by entities with executive power
forge a coalition..., head of state, head of government, public administra..., beef up the infor..., devolution, streamline state ..., back out of sg, break a pledge, excoriate, executive committee, implement the agr... and 99 more...
recruitment proce..., reform blueprint, green paper, white paper, mass walkout, belt-and-braces a..., reform agenda, framework statute, party statute, emergency decree, blanket awareness, defense capability and 104 more...
Looking for tweets for window dressing.