from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place for storing wine.
- n. A stock of wines.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an underground place for storing wine at a constant temperature
- n. a collection of wine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a cellar adapted or used for storing wine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cellar, or an inclosed part of a cellar, reserved for the storage of wine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. storage space where wines are stored
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.