from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Japan or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Japan.
- n. A person of Japanese ancestry.
- n. The language of the Japanese, possibly related to the Altaic family, written in kana and Chinese characters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or derived from Japan, its language, or culture.
- n. A person living in or coming from Japan, or of Japanese ancestry.
- n. Plural form of Japanese.
- n. Japanese food.
- proper n. The main language spoken in Japan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Japan, or its inhabitants.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Japan; collectively, the people of Japan.
- n. The language of the people of Japan, called in the Japanese language nihongo.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Japan or its inhabitants.
- n. singular and plural A native or natives of Japan, an island empire in the Pacific ocean, lying to the east of Corea, consisting of four large islands and from three to four thousand smaller ones.
- n. The language of the inhabitants of Japan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Japan
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Japan or its people or their culture or language
- n. the language (usually considered to be Altaic) spoken by the Japanese
From Japan + -ese. (Wiktionary)