from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The statistic of the number of outs a defensive player directly caused.
- adj. Taking offense; indignant.
- v. To place outside or eject.
- v. To produce.
- v. To injure a part of the body, especially a joint.
- v. To extinguish (a flame or light).
- v. To eliminate from a competition.
- v. To consent to sex.
- v. To cause a player on the offense to be out, especially of men on base.
- v. To cause a batsman (a player on the batting team) to be dismissed or out.
- v. To sail away, to depart.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. put out considerable effort
- v. thrust or extend out
- v. cause to be out on a fielding play
- v. put out, as of a candle or a light
- v. prepare and issue for public distribution or sale
- v. deprive of the oxygen necessary for combustion
- v. administer an anesthetic drug to
- v. retire
- v. be sexually active
- v. to cause inconvenience or discomfort to
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"Why would I want to put out there on my license - hey, I'm a nut job," said Marvin Myers, president of the Georgia Vietnam Veterans Alliance Inc.
ELIOT KAMENITZ/THE TIMES PICAYUNE Boaters put out a hard boom dam as efforts by workers continue in Machais Lake to protect marsh and water ways from oil leaking from BP well in Gulf of Mexico on Sunday, May 9, 2010. oil spill gulf of mexico 2010
Thanas put out his arm, blocking the doorway before she could leave the room.
ELIOT KAMENITZ/THE TIMES PICAYUNE Boaters put out and oil absorbing boom along marshlands as efforts by workers continue in Machais Lake to protect marsh and water ways from oil leaking from BP well in Gulf of Mexico on Sunday, May 9, 2010. oil spill gulf of mexico 2010
Substitute “measles” for “smallpox” and that same paragraph could appear in pamphlets put out by groups like the National Vaccine Information Center NVIC or the Australian Vaccine Network.
The prosecution put out a lot of dots, but they couldn't connect them, says Lawrence Kobilinsky, chairman of the Department of Sciences at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York.
The blast sent a huge cloud of black smoke over Baghdad's Andalus square, and firefighters struggled to put out the blaze.
The exact moment they hit the ground was detected back on Earth thanks to the seismometer experiment Buzz had put out during the EVA.
Jahweh willed they should be a great nation and should put out their enemies from the land which he gave them.
And if anyone eats cheese dogs, put out the fondu pot for hot cheddar sauce with jalapenos.