from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Exposure to air for freshening or drying.
- n. Exposure to open air for exercise or the promotion of health.
- n. Exposure to public attention.
- n. A radio or television broadcast.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of air.
- n. An exposure to warm or fresh air.
- n. A public expression of an opinion or discussion of a subject.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A walk or a ride in the open air; a short excursion for health's sake.
- n. An exposure to air, or to a fire, for warming, drying, etc..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An exposure to the air, or to a fire, for drying or warming.
- n. Exercise in or exposure to the open air; an excursion for the purpose of taking the air.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short excursion (a walk or ride) in the open air
- n. the act of supplying fresh air and getting rid of foul air
- n. the opening of a subject to widespread discussion and debate
Sorry, no etymologies found.