Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a straight line.
- To adjust to a line; lay out or regulate by a line; form in line, as troops. Equivalent forms are align, alline.
- v. intransitive To form in line; to fall into line.
- v. transitive To adjust or form to a line; to range or form in line; to bring into line.
- v. intransitive To adhere oneself with a group or a way of thinking.
- adv. in line
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To range or place in a line; to bring into line; to align.
- v. place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight
- From Middle English aline ("in line") (Wiktionary)
“I have found that gentle gathers on an aline skirt that goes midcalf or below the knee is slimming.”
“We've all been there: Your aline in the field, last day of the hunt, the sun is starting to set. you are about to take a do-or-die shot at the next thing that will move ....”
“It does also microscopic change and aline metal and makes a smoother suface, You can see the differance under a scope.”
“Think I will set aline while I bass fish this spring I haven't been cat fishing in a while. man that is truly something. great catch”
“Dave N.: My own take (and everyone who reads this blog regularly knows my partisan leanings) are that there was an unstated quid pro quo, though probably made in a manner that strongly suggested the desired outcome without crossing aline ...”
“= An acrostic is "aline of poetry composed in such a way that in reading, in the vertical direction, the first letter of each verse, we find the word used as a theme.”
“My own take and everyone who reads this blog regularly knows my partisan leanings are that there was an unstated quid pro quo, though probably made in a manner that strongly suggested the desired outcome without crossing aline...”
“This line was to make you think about how stupid it is to aline yourself with "your kind" for it's sake alone.”
“So instead of looking to the stock market for some quick fix, why not see what the stars have aline?”
“If Congress did not suspend the writ, it would be absurd to deny habeas to aline enemy combatants overseas, but grant it to POWs who have actually invaded the homeland.”
‘aline’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for aline.