from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An improvement over what has been the case: financial betterment.
- n. Law An improvement beyond normal upkeep and repair that adds to the value of real property.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An improvement.
- n. An improvement to a property that adds to its value.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A making better; amendment; improvement.
- n. An improvement of an estate which renders it better than mere repairing would do; -- generally used in the plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A making better; improvement.
- n. In American law, an improvement of real property which adds to its value otherwise than by mere repairs: generally used in the plural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a change for the better; progress in development
- n. the act of relieving ills and changing for the better
- n. an improvement that adds to the value of a property or facility
Sorry, no etymologies found.