from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Nautical Variant of con3.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The duty of directing a ship, usually used with the verb to have or to take and accompanied by the article "the."
- v. To direct a ship; to superintend the steering of (a vessel); to watch the course of (a vessel) and direct the helmsman how to steer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. See con, to direct a ship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See con can.
- See con.
- n. See con.
- An abbreviation of Connecticut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. conduct or direct the steering of a ship or plane
Sorry, no etymologies found.