from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being malignant.
- n. Pathology A malignant tumor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being malignant or diseased.
- n. A malignant cancer; specifically, any neoplasm that is invasive or otherwise not benign.
- n. That which is malign; evil, depravity, malevolence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being malignant, in feeling or purpose; extreme malevolence; bitter enmity; malice: as, malignancy of heart.
- n. In English history, the state of being a malignant; adherence to the royal party in the time of Cromwell and the civil war. See malignant, n., 2.
- n. The property of expressing malice or evil intent; malignant or threatening nature or character; unpropitiousness.
- n. In pathology, virulence; tendency to a worse condition: as, the malignancy of a tumor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (medicine) a malignant state; progressive and resistant to treatment and tending to cause death
- n. quality of being disposed to evil; intense ill will
Sorry, no etymologies found.