- v. transitive (idiomatic) To briefly summarise
- v. idiomatic, colloquial To inform or educate someone, typically of a new concept or a concept particular to an organization or industry
- v. idiomatic To repeat something.
- v. idiomatic To use completely, in a short space of time. Usually money.
- v. idiomatic To pervade, of a quality that is characteristic of a group, organisation, or system.
- v. idiomatic To impale a person with a blade, usually a sword.
- v. Of a waterway, to flow through an area.
- v. Used other than as an idiom: see run, through.
- v. use up (resources or materials)
- v. apply thoroughly; think through
“Allowing the Bombers one run through six innings, he gave way to Pedro Martinez in the seventh.”
“At eleven I attempted to “stir briskly” and recalled the heavy, clodding feeling of trying to run through a muddy field.”
“Locked in for the remainder of his outing, the Yankees lefthander was in shut-down mode, allowing just one more run through four innings.”
““Freddo,” as he was known, preceded the crew into the spacecraft by some ninety minutes in order to run through a 417-step checklist designed to ensure that every switch was set in its proper position.”
“The anthems are indeed exquisite, although (as may appropriately be noted in the connection) they run through the gamut of medieval literary style, from the classical hexameters of the "Alma Redemptoris Mater" through the richly-rhymed accentual rhythm and regular strophes of the "Ave Regina Coelorum", the irregular syntonic strophe of the "Regina Coeli", down to the sonorous prose rhythms (with rhyming closes) of the Salve Regina.”
“He waited for the target acquisition solution to run through the chip-driven computer and got his instructions: nine down, three to the right.”
“And there a screaming Arsinoë was dragged from sanctuary to be run through by a sword.”
““Feel like I got run through a gearbox,” Zojja said.”
“The course emphasizes the Herscu method of understanding homeopathy through the study of the cycles or pattern each remedy presents, and the segments or subpatterns that run through the cycle.”
“The process of demyelination interrupts the electrical impulses that run through these nerve fibers, causing weakness and paralysis.”
Looking for tweets for run through.