from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To tighten or secure with screws.
- v. To raise (rent, fees, etc.) to extortionate levels.
- v. To twist into a contorted state
- v. To make a mess of; to ruin.
- v. To blunder; to make a mistake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. twist into a strained configuration
- v. make more intense
- v. screw or turn higher
- v. make a mess of, destroy or ruin
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.