from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing fatigue or boredom; wearisome. See Synonyms at boring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Causing fatigue or boredom; wearisome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fitted or tending to tire; exhausted; wearisome; fatiguing; tedious
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to tire; exhausting the strength; fatiguing: as, a tiresome journey.
- Exhausting the patience or attention; wearisome; tedious; prosy.
- Synonyms and
- Tedious, Irksome, etc. See wearisome.
- Dull, humdrum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
Sorry, no etymologies found.