from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Work or ornamentation done with tools, especially stamped or gilded designs on leather.
- n. The process of providing a factory with machinery in preparation for production.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of tool.
- n. Work or ornamentation done with a tool.
- n. the provision of tools for an industrial process
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work performed with a tool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Workmanship performed with a tool, as the chisel, graver, chasing-tool, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.