from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Jubilant delight; joy.
- noun Music A part song scored for three or more usually male and unaccompanied voices that was popular in the 1700s.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Exultant or playful exhilaration; demonstrative joy or delight; merriment; mirth; gaiety.
- noun Music; minstrelsy. See
- noun A musical instrument.
- noun In music, a composition for three or more solo voices, without accompaniment, usually in two or three contrasted movements, and adapted to any kind of metrical text, not necessarily joyful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun obsolete Music; minstrelsy; entertainment.
- noun Joy; merriment; mirth; gayety; paricularly, the mirth enjoyed at a feast.
- noun (Mus.) An unaccompanied part song for three or more solo voices. It is not necessarily gleesome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable Joy;
merriment; mirth; gaiety; particularly, the mirth enjoyed at a feast.
- noun uncountable Music; minstrelsy; entertainment.
- noun music, countable An unaccompanied
part songfor three or more solo voices, not necessarily merry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun great merriment
- noun malicious satisfaction
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Having the football team dudes join glee is definitely a good idea.
So the hysterical jumping up and down in glee is justified to an extent.
Shamil Basayev's death reported Helen 2006
I don't understand how anyone is rolling up their toes in glee that the status quo might win the day.
Sinister scientists rubs his hands together in glee and cackles at the end.
And the Sikalosoft site is back online, no doubt rubbing its hands in glee over all the publicity.
Sidelined and full of free time, Sam agrees to join glee club.
Kevin Allen: The Brand-ification of Derrick Rose Kevin Allen 2010
After being told they can't tackle religion in glee club -- one week after being told their performance numbers were too sexed up:
'Glee' tackles religion, swallows grilled cheese Lisa de Moraes 2010
Gregor the Slightly just about managed to avoid rubbing his hands in glee as he saw the sword the adventurer had chosen, and even managed to keep from grinning like a madman for more than a couple of seconds.
As you might suspect, Quinn grows to like being in glee club more than her high-maintenance cheerleading career and presidency of the Celibacy Club.
Their glee is retweeted after the jump along with Ashton Kutcher's take on "Jersey Shore," Jon Favreau's reaction upon seeing some "Thor" sets and Peter Facinelli's sparkling plans.