from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element boron.
- The symbol for magnetic flux density.
- abbr. baryon number
- abbr. Baseball base
- abbr. Music bass
- abbr. billion
- abbr. bishop (chess)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The second letter of the basic modern Latin alphabet.
- n. A blood type that has a specific antigen that aggravates the immune response in people with type A antigen in their blood. They can receive blood from type B or type O, but cannot receive blood from AB or A.
- n. The symbol for boron.
- n. Hexadecimal symbol for 11.
- n. IUPAC 1-letter abbreviation for either glutamine or glutamic acid
- n. The second letter of the English alphabet, called bee and written in the Latin script.
- n. The ordinal number second, derived from this letter of the English alphabet, called bee and written in the Latin script.
- n. A personality type of someone who is relaxed and easygoing and able to engage in leisure activities without worrying about work.
- n. An academic grade, better than a C and worse than an A
- n. Signifies a second-tier or second class of a given commodity, group, or category, as in B-movie, B-list, etc.
- n. Alternate or secondary part, as the back side of a phonograph record. Contrasted with A, which is the primary part.
- n. The seventh note in the C major scale.
- n. byte
- abbr. the number of balls faced by a batsman
- abbr. The quantity one billion (1,000,000,000), usually used to signify a sum of money
- abbr. The grade of pencil that makes darker marks than grade HB but lighter marks than grade 2B; a pencil with soft lead.
- abbr. Bishop
While Brooks gave highest marks to ABC ( "A"), Clinton a "B," and Obama a "D+," I'm scoring ABC with a C -, Clinton a B -, and Obama to B-- he'd get a B+ for not losing his temper, if I practiced grade inflation.
So far, at least 16 genes have been identified encoding 4 subfamilies of the regulatory subunits: B, B′, B″ and B′″
She earned a B, a B+, a grudging A -; her grammar improved as she read and worked in her other classes.
If he were a teacher, and not a senior White House adviser and the towering former chairman of the Federal Reserve, he says, he would have given the new rules just an ordinary B-- not even a B-plus.
Overall, I would grade our outlook a B/B+, but lean towards the B+.
If he were a teacher, and not a senior White House adviser and the towering former chairman of the Federal Reserve, he says, he would have given the new rules just an ordinary B -- not even a B-plus.
Maryland received a B in K-12 achievement, school financing and "the teaching profession;" a B+ in standards, assessments and accountability as well as in the category "chance for success."
I liked them all very much, although There Will Be Blood curves towards the bottom of the scale with a grade of B while Hard Eight and Boogie Nights hover about the A- / B+ range, so I figured maybe I had just been having a bad day with Magnolia.
VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Scott Ritter: Barack Obama, Meet Team B'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Team B doesnt produce intelligence, but rather ideological assertions used as justification for policy.
Meanwhile, after the attack Basnet was rushed to B& B hospital at Satdobato, Lalitpur, where he was treated for the gunshot wounds and now is in a recovering state.