American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An official list of persons in the employ of the U.S. government.
- n. A book listing the names of socially prominent people.
- n. A blank notebook with blue covers in which to write the answers to examination questions.
GNU Webster's 1913
- engraving A parliamentary publication, so called from its blue paper covers.
- The United States official “Biennial Register.”
- n. a blue booklet used in universities for writing examinations
- n. a report published by the British government; bound in blue
- n. a register of persons who are socially prominent
“Secret door behind shelves by fire-place-Hyook pull big blue book on third shelf to open. ”
“Justin Kloster looked from his blue book to his watch and back again.”
“I talked to Albert's uncle about it one day, when the others had gone to church, and I did not go because of earache, and he said it came from reading the wrong sort of books partly – she has read Ministering Children, and Anna Ross, or The Orphan of Waterloo, and Ready Work for Willing Hands, and Elsie, or Like a Little Candle, and even a horrid little blue book about the something or other of Little Sins.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blue book’.
A collection of book words.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Multiword expressions frequently used in EU context. Many of them have a specific EU-meaning, some of them are topical in 2012 also outside the EU but have a relevance in EU politics. People workin...
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 1567 more...
supranational ins..., supplementary budget, sudden jump, subprime crisis, special represent..., sovereign state, soft power, soft landing, social welfare, social policy, social partners, social justice and 372 more...
"A trademark is any word, name, symbol, or design, or any combination thereof, used in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from those of another and to indi...
Words and short phrases with colour names in them
Looking for tweets for blue book.