from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. company
- pro. they (singular). Gender-neutral subject pronoun, coordinate with gendered pronouns he and she.
- pro. them (singular). Gender-neutral object pronoun, coordinate with gendered pronouns him and her.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A prefix of Latin origin, the usual form, before a vowel or h, of com- (the m in Latin being weak), meaning ‘together’ or ‘with.’ See com-.
- n. In geometry, a prefix, as in co-sine, co-secant, co-tangent, etc., meaning sine, secant, tangent, etc., of the complement.
- n. An abbreviation of company: as, Smith, Brown & Co.;
- n. of county: as, Orange Co., New York.
- n. The chemical symbol for cobalt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who refuses to serve in the armed forces on grounds of conscience
- n. a hard ferromagnetic silver-white bivalent or trivalent metallic element; a trace element in plant and animal nutrition
- n. a state in west central United States in the Rocky Mountains
- n. an odorless very poisonous gas that is a product of incomplete combustion of carbon
Sorry, no etymologies found.