American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A large bowl for serving a beverage, such as punch.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bowl in which the ingredients of punch are mixed, and from which it is served by means of a ladle. See cut under monteith.
- n. alternative spelling of punchbowl.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a large bowl in which punch is made, or from which it is served.
- n. a large bowl for serving beverages; usually with a ladle
“The booze-free punch bowl was right next to the festive variety, and I could tell that Hunter and I were on the same page.”
“She pronounced "slow" a "Fancy Dance" executed during an intermission by Baby Rennsdale and Georgie Bassett, giving it as her opinion that Miss Rennsdale and Mr. Bassett were "dead ones"; and she expressed surprise that the punch bowl contained lemonade and not champagne.”
“To dress up the popcorn-mix up a punch bowl of Oscar ambrosia-butter-laced popcorn tossed with chocolates and dusted with edible gold leaf.”
“When they had all had a glass round, Mother filled her great punch bowl again for the "white folks," and we sent for Dr. McDonough to come and take a glass, he was obliged to go back again though, to attend to his sick.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘punch bowl’.
We get a lot of spam emails at Wordnik that fit this pattern: "Mr Bob Wilson here and i will like to know if you do have X for sale". The words on this list represent a subset of such requested items.
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
Looking for tweets for punch bowl.