from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music The seventh tone in the diatonic scale in solfeggio.
- n. An eastern Asian tropical shrub (Cordyline terminalis) having a terminal tuft of long narrow leaves and panicles of white, yellowish, or reddish flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A syllable used in solfège to represent the seventh note of a major scale.
- n. The "good luck plant", Cordyline fruticosa, an evergreen shrub.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Polynesia, the plant Cordyline terminalis, same as ki; in New Zealand, transferred to C. australis and C. indivisa, plants otherwise known as cabbage-palm, and, with the whole genus, as palm-lily.
- n. In solmization. See si.
- n. In chem., the symbol for titanium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. shrub with terminal tufts of elongated leaves used locally for thatching and clothing; thick sweet roots are used as food; tropical southeastern Asia, Australia and Hawaii
- n. the syllable naming the seventh (subtonic) note of any musical scale in solmization
- n. a light strong grey lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong lightweight alloys (as for airplane parts); the main sources are rutile and ilmenite
The curtain descended slowly amidst sympathetic sobs and silence -- the musicians themselves, deeply moved, no doubt, with the sorrows of the scene, mournfully resumed their fiddles, and struck up "ti _ti_ tum _tiddle_ un _ti_ tum
But since ti is very expansive and the effects on the number of immigrants is uncertain, i would go for a simpler suggestion.
I have beeen shooting 100 grain ti-2 broadheads with a 1 cut for about three years and i have shot 2 in the gut and recovered both within 150 yards.
By HAVOCK, December 23, 2009 @ 10: 38 am it is however, good to see that there MIGHT be a lot more action and mayhem in ti his version. .aside from killing off most Americans in the initial onslaught of the wave of course.
I do think that the book has enough odds and ends in ti which are really good that someone who is already a Terry Pratchett fan should give it a read.
The opening takes a simple so-la-ti from the scale and distends the first note into another octave (I'm ignoring the grace note, which doesn't always appear in other statements of the theme):
Mccain, he should not be standing behind Bush, it is he who have gotten this in ti trouble with terrorist and the economy swituation here at home.
Well, if ti is anything like the book, it would be as much "vomit" as anything else.
Byu-ti is also known for being a very innovative and creative hair care bar.
Byu-ti is located at 510 Wilshire Blvd in Santa Monica, CA.