from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Gone by; past: bygone days.
- n. One, especially a grievance, that is past: Let bygones be bygones.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having been or happened in the far past.
- n. A person or occurrence that took place in the past.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Past; gone by.
- n. Something gone by or past; a past event.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Past; gone by; hence, out of date; antiquated: as, “thy bygone fooleries,”
- n. What is gone by and past: as, that is a bygone; let bygones be bygones; “let old bygones be,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. well in the past; former
- n. past events to be put aside
Sorry, no etymologies found.