from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To treat or combine with chlorine or a chlorine compound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To add chlorine to (something, especially water, to purify it; or an auriferous substance, to extract gold from it).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To treat, or cause to combine, with chlorine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as chlorinize.
- n. A term sometimes applied to the soluble bleaching-compounds obtained from caustic soda or potash by the action of chlorin — Labarraque's fluid and Javelle water respectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. treat or combine with chlorine
- v. disinfect with chlorine
Sorry, no etymologies found.