from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A discharge from a number of firearms, fired simultaneously or in rapid succession.
- n. A rapid outburst or barrage: a fusillade of insults.
- transitive v. To attack with a fusillade.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the simultaneous firing of a number of firearms
- n. a rapid outburst
- v. to fire, or attack with, a fusillade
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A simultaneous discharge of firearms.
- transitive v. To shoot down of shoot at by a simultaneous discharge of firearms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A simultaneous or continuous discharge of musketry: sometimes used figuratively.
- To attack or shoot down by a fusillade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. attack with fusillade
- n. rapid simultaneous discharge of firearms
French, from fusiller, to shoot, from fusil, firearm; see fusil.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)