from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Representation of inanimate objects, such as flowers or fruit, in painting or photography.
- n. A painting, picture, or photograph of inanimate objects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a work of art depicting an arrangement of inanimate objects
- n. A pattern that does not change from one generation to the next.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The class or style of painting which represents inanimate objects, as fruit, flowers, dead game, etc.
- n. a type of painting in which inanimate objects such as flowers or fruit are represented.
- n. the inanimate subject matter of a still life painting or photograph.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See still life, under still.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a painting of inanimate objects such as fruit or flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.