from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- On the loose; roaming freely; not confined.
- In full, fully.
- In general; as a whole.
- Having an electorate across multiple districts.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Diffusely; fully; in the full extent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having escaped, especially from confinement
- adv. in a general fashion
From Old French au large ("at liberty and other senses") (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.