from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Connection by blood, marriage, or adoption; family relationship.
- n. Relationship by nature or character; affinity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. relation or connection by blood, marriage or adoption
- n. relation or connection by nature or character
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Family relationship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Relationship; consanguinity; generic affinity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a close connection marked by community of interests or similarity in nature or character
- n. (anthropology) relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption
From kin + -ship. (Wiktionary)