from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An uncouth person.
- n. A rowdy.
- n. A member of the crew of an oil rig other than the driller.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any labourer on an oil rig
- n. A rowdy or uncouth person
- v. To work as a laborer on an oil rig
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cruel and brutal fellow
rough + neck (Wiktionary)