from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Belonging to or characteristic of winter; cold.
- adj. Suggestive of winter, as in cheerlessness or coldness: a wintry welcome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. suggestive or characteristic of winter; cold, stormy
- adj. aged, white(-haired etc.)
- adj. chilling, cheerless
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Suitable to winter; resembling winter, or what belongs to winter; brumal; hyemal; cold; stormy; wintery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to winter; occurring in wilder; peculiar or appropriate to the cold season of the year; cold and stormy.
- Figuratively, cool; chilly; frosty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain
- adj. characteristic of or occurring in winter
contraction of winter + -y (Wiktionary)