from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An individual, organism, or new genetic character arising or resulting from mutation.
- n. Slang One that is suggestive of a genetic mutant, as in bizarre appearance or inaptitude.
- adj. Resulting from or undergoing mutation: a mutant strain of bacteria.
- adj. Slang Suggestive of a genetic mutant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something which has mutated, which has one or more new characteristics from a mutation.
- n. Someone or something that seems strange, abnormal, or bizarre.
- adj. That has undergone mutation.
- adj. Strange, abnormal, or bizarre.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In entomology, said of a perpendicular part the apex of which bends over.
- Of, pertaining to, or by means of mutation.
- n. In biology, a race or an individual organism that has arisen through mutation. See mutation, 8.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an animal that has undergone mutation
- adj. tending to undergo or resulting from mutation
- n. (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
Latin mūtāns, mūtant-, present participle of mūtāre, to change; see mutate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin mutans, present participle of mutare. (Wiktionary)