from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Position relative to that of others; standing: Her status is that of a guest.
- n. High standing; prestige: a position of status in the community.
- n. Law The legal character or condition of a person or thing: the status of a minor.
- n. A state of affairs; situation. See Synonyms at state.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person’s condition, position or standing relative to that of others.
- n. Prestige or high standing.
- n. A situation or state of affairs.
- n. The legal condition of a person or thing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. State; condition; position of affairs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Standing or position as regards rank or condition.
- n. Position of affairs.
- n. In law, the standing of a person before the law in the class of persons indicated by his or her legal qualities; the relation fixed by law in which a person stands toward others or the state.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society
- n. a state at a particular time
-- _Social status the measure of financial status_.
He never troubled himself about his status; indeed, we would say _status_ was not the word for him.
For example ... (select statusID from STATUS_TBL where status = @status).
Sysdatabases. status and sysdatabases. status2 Bit of Sysdatabases in SQLServer declare @status int; declare @status2 int;
Set @status = '65544' -- Replace your DB status here set @status2 = '1090520064' -- Replace your DB status2 here
DriveGet, status, statusCD, \% drive2\% if status = open msgbox, Drive \% drive2\% is \% status\% or not ready return if TRACK =
The whole PhD/postdoc change in status is a bit of a rip off, but I must ask:
The solution to Quebec's uncertain status is not more concessions, Canada has made quite enough of those, but an enhanced level of Canadian political leadership and governance.
As time goes on his status is arguably portrayed as even more liminal because he is the only non-empowered member of the Scooby Gang, doesn't feel he quite belongs amongst the slayers and witches and vampires and ex-demons -- but of course can't go back to the mundane ignorance of the seams that permeate the world.
I suggest, like telephones, when a conversation starts the status is automatically changed to NOT AVAILABLE and stay available, as an option. —
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.