from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A harmless cyst, especially on the scalp or face, containing the fatty secretion of a sebaceous gland.
- n. Variant of wynn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a cyst on the skin
- n. a runic letter later replaced by w
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An indolent, encysted tumor of the skin; especially, a sebaceous cyst.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A runic symbol used in Anglo-Saxon up to about 1300 a.d. to represent the w-sound.
- n. A current silver coin of Korea, equivalent to 40 United States cents.
- n. A circumscribed benign tumor of moderate size, occurring on any part of the body, but especially on the scalp, consisting of a well-defined sac inclosing sebaceous matter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a common cyst of the skin; filled with fatty matter (sebum) that is secreted by a sebaceous gland that has been blocked
Middle English, from Old English; see wen-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Old English wenn (Wiktionary)
From Old English wynn (Wiktionary)