from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To taunt, ridicule, or tease, especially for embarrassing mistakes or faults. See Synonyms at ridicule.
- n. The act or an instance of twitting.
- n. A reproach, gibe, or taunt.
- n. Slang A foolishly annoying person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To reproach, blame; to ridicule or tease.
- v. To ignore or killfile (a user on a bulletin board system).
- n. A reproach, gibe or taunt.
- n. A foolish or annoying person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To vex by bringing to notice, or reminding of, a fault, defect, misfortune, or the like; to revile; to reproach; to upbraid; to taunt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thin, weak place in a thread of wool, cotton, etc.
- To reproach; upbraid, especially with, past follies, errors, or offenses; annoy by reproaches; taunt.
- To charge or reproach with; upbraid on account of; bring forward as a taunt.
- Synonyms Chaff, Mock, etc. See taunt.
- n. A reproach; a taunt; an upbraiding or gibing reminder or insinuation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. aggravation by deriding or mocking or criticizing
- n. someone who is regarded as contemptible
- v. harass with persistent criticism or carping
The Tampa twit is a big fan since he is now the second stupidest troll at Think Progress, now that Big John has showed up.
Twitter has earned plenty of developer ire for its release of official products that will likely quash those offered by independent players in its historically vibrant developer community, and its policing of third-party applications that include the word "twit" or "tweet" has had plenty of opponents as well.
So, this little twit is making a value judgment about two performers based on hearing only one song that one of them performed?
Read's latest twit is that he is on Eurostar going where there is no Internet, so he won't be able to answer any questions.
January 3rd, 2010 11: 10 am ET so what this twit is saying is someone had to be killed before it is lile 9/11. how dare he make light of peoples lives. this should not be happening any time there is an attempt it should be considered like 9/11. the only difference is 9/11 did happen, and with the christmas attempt the citzens on the plane were the ones who stopped the attempt.
Most celebrity blogs only contain twit-level content anyways and seeing how popular some are (see: Kamiji Yusuke), I can see Japanese people checking their keitai for the latest updates on their favorite celebs.
A quitter, lier, cheater, hater, bigot, uneducated ... ... ... twit is what these people think is their future?
I can't believe this twit is dectiating what the healthcare should and should not be.
That twit is such phony outrage and hypocrisy personified …
This self aggrandizing twit is convinced that she's on the road to sainthood.