from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
- n. A person of Danish ancestry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Denmark or of Danish descent.
- proper n. A surname for someone who came from Denmark, also a variant of Dean.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname, or from the ethnic term Dane (like Scott or Norman).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native, or a naturalized inhabitant, of Denmark.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Denmark, a kingdom of northern Europe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Denmark
Middle English Dan, from Old Norse Danr.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Danish Daner ("Danes"), from Old Norse Danir. Replaced native Old English Dene. Both forms ultimately descend from Proto-Germanic *daniz. (Wiktionary)