from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Vulgar Slang A sodomite.
- n. Slang A contemptible or disreputable person.
- n. Slang A fellow; a chap: "He's a silly little bugger, then” ( John le Carré).
- intransitive v. To practice sodomy.
- transitive v. To practice sodomy with.
- transitive v. To damn.
- bugger off Chiefly British Slang To leave someone alone; go away.
- n. One who installs electronic bugs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A heretic.
- n. Someone who commits buggery; a sodomite.
- n. A foolish or worthless person or thing; a despicable person.
- n. A situation that causes dismay.
- n. Someone viewed with affection; a chap.
- n. A damn, anything at all.
- n. Someone who is very fond of something
- n. A rough synonym for whippersnapper.
- v. To sodomize.
- v. To break or ruin.
- v. To be surprised.
- v. To feel contempt for some person or thing.
- v. To feel frustration with something, or to consider that something is futile.
- v. To be fatigued.
- interj. An expression of annoyance or displeasure.
- interj. Cutesy expression of very mild annoyance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One guilty of buggery or unnatural vice; a sodomite.
- n. A wretch; -- sometimes used humorously or in playful disparagement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One guilty of the crime of bestiality: vulgarly used as a general term of contumely, without reference to its meaning.
- n. A collector of bugs or insects; an entomologist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. practice anal sex upon
- n. someone who engages in anal copulation (especially a male who engages in anal copulation with another male)
If you are just starting out, and haven't mastered the subtlties, a wooly bugger is a good alla round fly to start out with.
Women have to carry the child for 9 months, so they better make sure the little bugger is well cared for.
But wait, that bugger is gone already, Too bad, so sad.
That little bugger is home for a day or two wrapping up some things and moi get to see him. ciao
What a disgusting SOB that bugger is … has always been, far as that goes.
The bugger is that these two songs sat side by side on the same album.
(Seriously, the little bugger is getting far too close to my Rexona zone) … being the chronically envious type that I am, afflicted by that greenest of the seven deadly sins …
Because of the action of the long flowing tail the bugger is more popular with fisherman.
Yes | No | Report from Visitor wrote 2 years 1 week ago that other deer is a gnarly lookin bugger
A stonefly bugger is one fly you always want to buy, what a pain it is to make those!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.