from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of commit.
- adj. Obligated by a pledge to some course of action.
- adj. showing commitment.
- adj. Associated in an exclusive (but not necessarily permanent) sexual relationship.
- adj. Required by logic to endorse the conclusion of an argument.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bound or obligated, as under a pledge to a particular cause, action, or attitude. Opposite of
- adj. Associated in an exclusive sexual relationship; also called attached. Opposite of
- adj. Consigned involuntarily to custody, as in a prison or mental institution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bound or obligated, as under a pledge to a particular cause, action, or attitude
- adj. associated in an exclusive sexual relationship
Sorry, no etymologies found.