from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To hit someone with a car or other vehicle and injure or kill them.
- v. To criticize someone or an organisation, often unfairly.
- v. To find something or someone after searching for a long time.
- v. To lose power slowly. Used for a machine, battery, or other powered device.
- v. To read quickly a list or other short text.
- v. To reduce the size or stock levels of a business, often with a view to closure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. use up all one's strength and energy and stop working
- v. deplete
- v. pursue until captured
- v. examine hastily
- v. injure or kill by running over, as with a vehicle
- v. move downward
- v. trace
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.