from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of hide.
- n. A state of concealment.
- n. A place of concealment.
- n. A beating or spanking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of hiding or concealing, or of withholding from view or knowledge; concealment.
- n. A flogging.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of concealing; concealment: as, to remain in hiding.
- n. A flogging or thrashing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the activity of keeping something secret
- n. the state of being hidden
See hide (Etymology 1) (Wiktionary)
See hide (Etymology 2) (Wiktionary)