from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having four equal sides and four right angles; square.
- adj. Marked by firm, unwavering conviction or expression; forthright: a foursquare refusal to yield.
- adv. In a forthright manner; squarely.
- n. A child's game in which each of four players stands in one of four boxes drawn on the ground in a two-by-two grid and must bounce a ball into another player's box without holding the ball or stepping out of bounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having four equal sides; square.
- adj. Solid, robust.
- adj. Pertaining to a four-square cipher.
- adj. A boxy style of domestic architecture with four rooms to a floor, one of which is usually a stair hall.
- adj. Pertaining to the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel.
- n. Alternative form of four square.
- n. a four-square cipher
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having four sides and four equal angles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having four sides and four angles equal; quadrangular: as, a foursquare altar.
- n. A figure with four equal sides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a square position
- adj. characterized by firm and unwavering conviction
- adv. with firmness and conviction; without compromise
- n. (geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles; a four-sided regular polygon
I think foursquare is the Pownce of LBS, early adopters are jumping on it but no one will end up using it.
Yes, all politics are local and since foursquare is a hyper-local application, it would make sense for politicians to use the too.
That, combined with its ease of us by both consumers and businesses, make foursquare is allowing for phenomenal growth following tremendous success at South By South West. foursquare has set a goal of 1 million users by April 16, which is Foursquare Day.
"If you check into 'foursquare' - every third check in, you get half-price appetizers here," says Drew Topping, of Piper's Pub.
i hear that foursquare is also highly regarded by google in their local search rankings?
Heather wrote about a website called foursquare where you can check-in to different places with your cell phone and earn badges and achievements for trying out new venues in the city where you reside.
Harvard natives and visitors will be able to explore the historic expanse of with greater ease as a result of a partnership with a mobile social networking application called foursquare, the University announced on Tuesday. the first location-based social networking tool to be implemented at Harvard venues in cities around the world.
Jerusalem lying "foursquare" (Re 21: 16), represent world-wide extension.
Their latest App named after the popular playground game "foursquare" is a refreshing combination of friend finder + social networker + video game.
The word "foursquare" has been used 4,140 times in articles indexed in Google Blog Search - but surely many more times on Twitter, which doesn't offer a long-term index.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.