from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having four equal sides and four right angles; square.
- adj. Marked by firm, unwavering conviction or expression; forthright: a foursquare refusal to yield.
- adv. In a forthright manner; squarely.
- n. A child's game in which each of four players stands in one of four boxes drawn on the ground in a two-by-two grid and must bounce a ball into another player's box without holding the ball or stepping out of bounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having four equal sides; square.
- adj. Solid, robust.
- adj. Pertaining to a four-square cipher.
- adj. A boxy style of domestic architecture with four rooms to a floor, one of which is usually a stair hall.
- adj. Pertaining to the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel.
- n. Alternative form of four square.
- n. a four-square cipher
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having four sides and four equal angles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having four sides and four angles equal; quadrangular: as, a foursquare altar.
- n. A figure with four equal sides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a square position
- adj. characterized by firm and unwavering conviction
- adv. with firmness and conviction; without compromise
- n. (geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles; a four-sided regular polygon
From four + square. (Wiktionary)