from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made or consisting of wood.
- adj. Stiff and unnatural; without spirit: a wooden performance; a wooden smile.
- adj. Clumsy and awkward; ungainly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made of wood: "a wooden boat".
- adj. As if made of wood (figuratively):
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made or consisting of wood; pertaining to, or resembling, wood.
- adj. Clumsy; awkward; ungainly; stiff; spiritless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made of wood; consisting of wood.
- Stiff; ungainly; clumsy; awkward; spirit less; expressionless: as, a wooden stare.
- Dull; stupid, as if with no more sensation than wood.
- Of the woods; sylvan.
- An instrument of military punishment consisting of a beam or timber, sometimes set with sharp points, upon which the culprit was compelled to sit astride, having in some instances weights tied to his feet.
- See spoon.
- =Syn.1. See leaden.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking ease or grace
- adj. made or consisting of (entirely or in part) or employing wood
From wood + -en. (Wiktionary)