from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of ashes.
- adj. Resembling ashes, especially in color; very pale: A face ashen with grief.
- adj. Of, relating to, or made from the wood of the ash tree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made from the wood of the ash tree.
- adj. Of or resembling ashes.
- adj. Ash-colored; pale; anemic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the ash tree.
- adj. Consisting of, or resembling, ashes; of a color between brown and gray, or white and gray.
- n. obs. pl. for ashes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the ash-tree or its timber; made of ash.
- Consisting of or resembling ashes; ash-colored: as, “the ashen hue of age,”
- n. Obsolete plural of ash.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. anemic looking from illness or emotion
- adj. made of wood of the ash tree
Sorry, no etymologies found.