from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A substance that emits and diffuses a fragrant odor, especially a volatile liquid distilled from flowers or prepared synthetically.
- n. A pleasing, agreeable scent or odor. See Synonyms at fragrance.
- transitive v. To fill or permeate with fragrance; impart a pleasant odor to.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pleasant smell; the scent, odor, or odoriferous particles emitted from a sweet-smelling substance; a pleasant odor; fragrance; aroma.
- n. A substance created to provide a pleasant smell or one which emits an agreeable odor.
- v. To apply perfume to; to fill or impregnate with a perfume; to scent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The scent, odor, or odoriferous particles emitted from a sweet-smelling substance; a pleasant odor; fragrance; aroma.
- n. A substance that emits an agreeable odor.
- transitive v. To fill or impregnate with a perfume; to scent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To scent; render odorous or fragrant: as, to perfume an apartment; to perfume a garment.
- Literally, to impregnate with the fumes or smoke of some burning object; fumigate, as with a disinfectant.
- n. A substance that emits a scent or odor which affects the organs of smell agreeably.
- n. The scent, odor, or volatile particles emitted from odorous substances, especially those that are sweet-smelling.
- n. Synonyms Fragrance, Aroma, etc. (see smell, n.), balminess, redolence, incense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fill or impregnate with an odor
- v. apply perfume to
- n. a distinctive odor that is pleasant
- n. a toiletry that emits and diffuses a fragrant odor
The word "perfume" comes from the Latin per fume, meaning "through smoke".
I tend towards butchness anyway living out here in the swamp and all, my perfume is more likely fly dope than anything floral.
The perfume is penetrating but, even though it averages 6% acidity by weight, does not attack your sinuses and make you pull back like normal vinegars, and it is layered with floral and dried fruit essences.
Partnering with Strange Invisible Perfumes, the new perfume is inspired by Colgin Cellar IX vineyardand the winery in Napa valley.
Stirring, the perfume is comprised of organic, wildcrafted and biodynamic essences set in a base of 100% organic, beverage-grade grape alcohol.
Brittiany the perfume is lavender and freesia scented.
As far as I know, the perfume is still at Hot Topic ..
That there even IS a “Twilight” perfume is pretty sad.
Nina won and now the Twilight perfume is being sold for $160 on ebay
Being in the presence of a hot elf while wearing imitation Valentina perfume is probably the golden mean.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.