from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having relatively high resistance to flow.
- adj. Viscid; sticky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid
- adj. Of or pertaining to viscosity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Adhesive or sticky, and having a ropy or glutinous consistency; viscid; glutinous; clammy; tenacious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Glutinous; clammy; sticky; adhesive; tenacious.
- In physics, having the property of viscosity. See viscosity, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the sticky properties of an adhesive
- adj. having a relatively high resistance to flow
Grandbois: The last time I heard anything remotely flattering about Buckwaldo Mudthumper I was three feet deep in viscous sewage that had found its way into my garden apartment at the behest of one Mr. Juan Mandible Sick-Eyes and his uncompromising hoses.
The baba ghanouj was actually tasty but overly pureed so it slid through my fork in viscous dribbles.
As unappealing as such things are to me, it's more ... a fear of being choked, of drowing in viscous substances.
He can't understand the word viscous in viscous turd.
: Have the models involved considered the loss, or in visco elastic terms the viscous modulus of a ... abrne1911: Could this help increase the speed of computers or HDD space?
Has to do with warming the fluid in what's called a viscous clutch mechanism.
P. intermedia strain 17 was isolated from a chronic periodontitis lesion in our laboratory and described as a viscous material producing strain.
Instead of resonating, sound waves plunge into the channels and dissipate through a process called viscous shear.
A kind of viscous battle is some kind of battle, you bet.
Must thank you for those words on lubricants especially "viscous" and "unctuous".
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.