from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A diminutive of Eugene, also used as a formal male given name.
- proper n. (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Genoa.
- proper n. (Can we verify(+) this sense?) jean, denim cloth colored with Genovese blue dye.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A form of -gen in some words from or made after the French model, as in amphigene.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (genetics) a segment of DNA that is involved in producing a polypeptide chain; it can include regions preceding and following the coding DNA as well as introns between the exons; it is considered a unit of heredity
Sorry, no etymologies found.